Friday, November 6, 2009

Big Z in New York

We just got to the team hotel here in New York about an hour ago. We have a shoot around soon but I really wanted to get a few thoughts out about coming to the World's Most Famous Arena.

It has unfortunately been lightly documented that my contract is up next summer and I will be joining the free agent class of 2010. I have decided to use this blog as a way to get my thoughts and feelings out there as I prepare to make one of the biggest decisions of my life. Some other forthcoming free agents are overly protective of their thoughts on where they would like to play but I will be decidedly less so. Since the New York Knicks are on my short list, this is a good chance to let them know how I feel.

When I went to check into my room there was apparently a mix up with room keys. LeBron ended up with the keys to my room and I the keys to his. After we got that figured out, I was hoping to have a nap and/or watch some PTI to see if they had anything to say about my only trip to New York this year. When I opened the door I found a lot more than just a bed and a jetted tub. The room was filled with all kinds of stuff. A 2009 Yankees Championship hat and jacket, a letter from Letterman asking me to come by in the morning and shoot a top 10, dinner reservations to Momofuku, an Unlimited Cab Goldcard (not sure what that is), and a giant teddy bear wearing an I HEART NEW YORK Shirt. I took a picture of me with the bear to send to my boys and I'm hoping there is a way to send it to them without having to carry it on the plane. They guys will kill me for that one.

As I was looking through all the stuff I heard a cell phone ring. I found it in the pocket of the Yankees jacket and decided I'd better answer it. It was a guy on the other line and I think it might have been a joke because he said his name was something Z. He seemed kind of surprised that I answered but I didn't think too much of it.

Anyway, it seems like New York has me on their short list too. I'll have to swing by Donnie Walsh's office after the shoot around to thank him for all this stuff. If he is trying to win me over, it sure is working.

Alright, I'm off for now. I can't wait to high five Spike and maybe get a minute to pitch an idea to him. I think Big Z Working Hard would be a great documentary. I mean, nobody realizes how hard it is for someone my size to go through life; shopping for clothes, getting on airplanes, walking through doorways. I hope he goes for it.

-Z

See Big Z's other posts here

No comments: