Friday, October 2, 2009

The Turning Seasons

This is my favorite time of the year. My fantasy football team is a bust so I can stop worrying about it, the college football championship has been decided (also off my radar for the most part), its jacket weather, good tv is back on and the NBA season is just starting to gain some hype. Yes I realize college football is only 4 games in, the NFL 3 and October will inevitably have a few days in the 80's that make me miss the summer. There will also inevitably be a slew of great albums come out between now and the end of the year, starting with this weeks Avett Brothers release and a new Thao album in the weeks to come. And its also NBA time.

Last night was the first official pre-season game. While I don't care that the Jazz beat down the Nuggets last night or that the Pacers could field a whiteout at some point tonight against the Bulls, I do care that something besides Michael Beasley's rehab stay in Houston is on the sports ticker under the NBA section. We, The Black Converse, are furiously working on a gigantic NBA season preview unlike any you have ever experienced. If everything works out, and we don't die while trying to sustain another overly ambitious project (see here for a previous death by ambition example), then you, us and the NBA will be ready to roll the last week of October.

In the meantime, I am trying to imagine how the conversation went as Kyle Korver talked Kirilenko into letting him style his hair.

No comments: